Kevin Hayden Paris

“Love calls - everywhere and always. We're sky bound.
Are you coming?”
Rumi

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Travels


Standing on my terrace at an ungodly hour of the night satisfying my nicotine addiction, the sound of a distant aircraft reminded me of what I used to say as a child. "I wish I was on that plane"! I quickly returned to the present and said to myself " I wish I was here"! I'm cursed or blessed by being nomadic by nature not by intention, and I now have an inkling, a desire, a thought perhaps to stop this habitual restlessness.
I came back to Paris from the UK via Dover on the new DFDS shipping line. The sky was great, clouds and fog mixed to create a water colour clouding the horizon from view.
I recalled my childhood once again. As a "family" we took many boat trips across the pond. My four sisters and myself would play chase, hide and seek. The boats weren't as safe then and I remember Catherine hanging on for dear life having slipped on the wet wooden decking. That ended our chasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment