Kevin Hayden Paris

“Love calls - everywhere and always. We're sky bound.
Are you coming?”
Rumi

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

un petit coin de la créativité

Strangers, friends that we are creating, in the making if you like. If you don't like you don't make. The day was warm and positive inside and out. It all seemed just so right. One of those days that you just wnted to smile and say hello to everyone you met while walking on the sunny side of the street. The universe and it's Gods were busy that day conspiring as always for our good, my good. It was on rue Eugénè Carriere that my eye was caught by the shape of an over fed violin. I stopped and admired the precise and detailed woodwork. The hand of a master I thought. I know nothing about the manufacture of musical instruments but we all or most recognise the hand of a master when we se it. Things of beauty stop us in our tracks or at least they should. I scanned the window and then the interior, that's when I spotted a young lady busy at something I'd describe as an arm. She'd describe it as the neck (cou). It had a definite angle to the scroll where the strings fitted well into their perfectly crafted beds. Without hesitation I was in the door. My curiosity had me by the scruff and my mouth worked out the French spontaneously. If you'd asked me 5 minutes later what I'd said I wouldn't have been able to answer. I was on autopilote and in my element. When I'd been stopped by this elegant intrument (luthier) in the window I had no camera in my hand. Can't say I'd forgotten that I had it, I believe that unconsciously I know I always have it, it's my passport I never travel without it! If I didn't have a camera this magic moment and story would never have existed and the friendship I now have with Laurence and Irène would have been for someone else with a camera, an eye and a heart and they would be writing this story instead of me. This lttle corner of creativity is just behind Sacre coeur 3 rue Egunénè Carriere and I am so grateful that these two darling girls opened their door and their hearts to this nosey photographer. This day has been engraved on my heart thanks to these two ladies. Laurence is a graphic designer and Irène creates these beautiful instruments. I owe so much to my camera, to you and the universe. I will keep coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment